Abacus Mining & Exploration Corp.
wishes to provide an update to its shareholders on the Ajax copper-gold project, located near Kamloops, British Columbia. Abacus holds a 20% ownership interest in the project, which is managed by base metal major KGHM Polska Miedź S.A., who hold the remaining 80%. Abacus is pleased to report that KGHM has opened a new Kamloops office for the Ajax project within the past two weeks. This follows the appointment in September of a new Ajax Superintendent, who has begun the task of First Nation, community and governmental engagement. The Ajax Project underwent a joint provincial and federal environmental review starting in 2011, which culminated in the decision by the B.C. Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy and the Minister of... [...]