San Lorenzo Sampling Returns 33.5 G/T Gold and 2.1% Copper on its Punta Alta Copper - Gold Property Chile
Highlights from First Phase Programme
- Gold grades of up to 33.5 g/t;
- Copper grades up to 2.1%;
- High grade samples are from three northwest structural trends 300 to 800 metres wide;
- Structural trends and additional areas of interest will be sampled and mapped in a second phase to begin shortly
San Lorenzo's programme consisted of mapping and sampling including 34 rock samples and 91 sediment samples. Results are pending for the sediment samples. This was the first programme conducted by San Lorenzo and covered some of the key areas on the Property including known vein systems which have an approximate cumulative strike length of at least six kilometres. Figure 1 shows the results of the recent rock sampling, the geology and the mineralized trends.
Click Image To View Full Size
Figure 1 - First Phase Sampling - Punta Alta Property
Punta Alta Copper Property Highlights
- Potential to host related deposit types,
- Copper-gold-silver-cobalt - disseminated and semi-massive sulphide veins;
- Porphyry style copper - gold,
- Same regional geological and structural setting as the historic Carrizal Alto and Cobaltera mining camps that operated for over 100 years;
- Occurs within the southern Copiapó - Ovalle sector of the Chilean Coastal Iron Oxide Copper Gold (IOCG)/Cretaceous Porphyry Copper-Gold Metallogenic Belt
- Copiapó - Ovalle sector is host to several prominent deposits*:
- Candelaria - IOCG, open pit, multi billion pound copper and gold mine
- Andacollo - porphyry, open pit mine, 5.6 billion pounds copper and 8.2 million ounces gold
- Carrizal Alto - IOGC, 562 million pounds copper, 1.8 million ounces gold and 46 million pounds of cobalt;
- The principle five known vein systems on the Property have a cumulative strike length of at least six kilometres (approximate) indicated by old surface workings;
- 100% owned, no NSR or third party commitments.
Click Image To View Full Size
Figure 2 - Punta Alta Property Location
* Readers are cautioned that mineral deposits and production results are historical in nature and are not indicative of mineral deposits on the Company's property or any potential exploitation thereof.
The scientific and technical information contained in this news release has been reviewed and approved by Terence Walker, M.Sc., P.Geo., who is a "qualified person" within the meaning of National Instrument 43-101.
For further information on the Company, readers are referred to the Company's website at www.sanlorenzogold.com and its Canadian regulatory filings on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
About San Lorenzo Gold Corp.
San Lorenzo Gold is in the business of exploring for and advancing mineral properties. The Company currently has three 100% owned properties in Chile: Salvadora, Nancagua and Punta Alta. The Salvadora property is being explored for large scale copper-gold porphyry targets, Nancagua is a high-grade epithermal gold property, and Punta Alta is an IOCG type disseminated and vein style copper-gold-silver-cobalt and porphyry copper- gold property.
For further information, please contact: Ken Booth
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
Not for distribution to United States newswire services or for release, publication, distribution or dissemination directly, or indirectly, in whole or in part, in or into the United States
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Information
This press release may contain forward-looking information that involves substantial known and unknown risks and uncertainties, most of which are beyond the control of San Lorenzo. All statements included herein, other than statements of historical fact, are forward-looking information and such information involves various risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such information will prove to be accurate, and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such information. Any forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this release and, other than as required by applicable securities laws, San Lorenzo does not assume any obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances.
Copyright (c) 2021 TheNewswire - All rights reserved.